Kingston’s A400 solid-state drive dramatically improves the responsiveness of your existing system with incredible boot, loading and transfer times compared to mechanical hard drives. Powered by a latest-gen controller for read and write speeds of up to 500MB/s and 450MB/s1, this SSD is 10x faster than a traditional hard drive for higher performance, ultra-responsive multi-tasking and an overall faster system. Also more reliable and durable than a hard drive, A400 is available in multiple capacities from 120GB–1.92TB2.
- Fast start up, loading and file transfers
- More reliable and durable than a hard drive
- Multiple capacities with space for applications or a hard drive replacement
- SSD must be initialized and formatted to enable host computer and applications to access the drive.
- Use Windows Disk Management tool, or MacOS Disk Utility app, or Linux compatible disk partition utility to initialize and format new SSD.
- Fresh install operating system from distribution media to SSD, or use data cloning software to migrate data from source drive to SSD.
|Form factor||2.5″ & M.2 2280|
|Interface||SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)|
|Data Transfer (ATTO)||120GB — up to 500MB/s Read and 320MB/s Write|
|Power Consumption||0.195W Idle / 0.279W Avg / 0.642W (MAX) Read / 1.535W (MAX) Write|
|Dimensions||100.0mm x 69.9mm x 7.0mm (2.5”)
80mm x 22mm x 1.35mm (M.2)
|Weight||39g (120GB – 2.5”)|
|Vibration operating||2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)|
|Vibration non-operating||20G Peak (10–2000Hz)|
|Life expectancy||1 million hours MTBF|
|Total Bytes Written (TBW)4||120GB: 40TB|